Thursday 28 June 2018

Not Your Chaste Woman

I'm not your chaste woman.

No
I am not.


The woman you thought you had made a lesser mortal of
The woman you wanted to assault in the wrinkles of your stinking bed sheets
The woman you desired every morning every night and in the betweens
The woman you wished could be all about you and just you
The woman you felt you could cripple with the bruises and swollen wombs
The woman you had imagined you could tame in the lashes of your fallen chivalry

I'm none of it.

I'm not
Not any of it.


I am the woman who seeks for her lurching appetites
I am the woman who is beyond the idea of your holy grail of virginity
I am the woman who chooses her choices and her consequences
I am the woman who is complete in her world of sense and insane

I'm the woman.

This woman.
All of it.


I am no hero
I am no angel
I am no messiah



I am just a woman, any woman and every woman
I am just a woman; just not your chaste woman



No comments:

Post a Comment