Saturday 9 June 2018

An Ode to Lust

how many times
have you woken off a sleep
in the middle of a dead night
hoping
you'd find me by your side

all but a flimsy blanket
that kept us apart



how many times
as i stood right across the distance
have you desired me
not a word here
not a word there
and yet all said

the sudden temperatures riding along the skin
the sudden flush of blood slapping the brain
a maddening numb down the knees
and
a thousand wolves waiting turns

to
fetch me
feed on me
every inch they could
every inch that remained



how many times
in the midst of conversations
have you played it all inside you head
back and forth
again and again
the episodes where you've devoured me

you've blushed my cheeks
you've wounded my chastity
you've scarred my breasts
you've bled my vagina

you've cut me open
for
the times to come
and
the wolves that come along


you wonder
how do i know
how do i know it all

the hungry tides beneath the silences
the blatant truths beyond the apparent faces
the beasts you've caged in the ribs of your being

i've seen every bit
i've seen all


the filthy eyes tell you tales of lust as the fragile penises crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment