Monday 23 July 2018

The Whiskey Ballad

i was an alcoholic
he was the whiskey

if only i could tell when the whiskey had become all about my glass of whiskey


i thought i knew my limits well
for time and tide had convinced me so
but then habits have always pushed limits farther and farther more
and intoxication is the severest of them all

i thought i had a hold of myself
for the bygone was witness to my sanity in the madness of mayhem
but then this was different
but then this wasn't just about another bygone

he crawled up my limbs
he crept up my spine
all the way up
till he homed the head


i thought it was just another bad headache
if only i could tell when the headache had become a habit of cardinal sins



i have never quite gotten rid of him ever since
maybe
i never quite tried getting rid of him either

it's not long before habits grow skin

No comments:

Post a Comment