Thursday 26 September 2024

Life As We Know It

I ask you, how's life

A question we all are wired to answer somewhat similarly to people we meet once in six weeks: all good, what about you

But because I am a friend, or so I assume your your apparent perceptions of me are

You tell me over a night and two bottles of whiskey, how life's not fair, how life's fucked you over




Life's not fucked you over

Your ideas of what life would be like, have fucked over your actualities of what life is

Your pre-conceived notions and your hopeful overambitious optimism have fucked you over

The weight of the obese expectations of your dead parents and their dead parents have fucked you over

The fact that you were supposed to live life and yet all you've managed to do is live it in defined moments mapped to checkboxes like you were shopping life off a fucking grocery list, has fucked you over




But then, I don't tell you any of it

Because, no whiskey in this world is smooth enough to ease gulping down a truth tablet

Especially when your truth is on the pole opposite mine

No comments:

Post a Comment