Friday 18 May 2018

The Last Goodbye

I quit.

This very moment
I quit


I am walking away
I am walking away from you
I am walking away from us
I am walking away from love
I am walking away from a vicious jigsaw of neverending second chances

Have I found someone
No
I haven't found someone
I haven't found anyone
I haven't tried finding someone
For, I haven't lost anyone

And yet, I am walking away


Do I still love you
Yes
I do love you
I do love you like I did the first day
I do love you like I did yesterday
For, love dies hard

And yet, I am walking away

Have I given up on you
No
I have not given up on you
I have not given up on us
I have not given up on love
For, giving up on possibilities isn't easy

And yet, I am walking away


Sometimes
Once in a while
There comes a point in time
When
The right and the wrong make sense no more
The black and the white wrapped in an inseparable grey
The life and the death aren't easy choices, not anymore

And
When the time comes
The apparently easy questions have no answers
The answers you once thought were answers turn questions

And then you get to choose
But, what do you do?
Do you choose to give it a chance one last time?
Or, do you choose to walk away from it all?

I choose to walk away


Imagine
Imagine a knife
A knife sculpted off steel
A knife with sharp edges
Imagine
Imagine the very knife
Cutting through the heart of your neck
And as it cuts through, it stops
It stops, stuck in the meat of the bare flesh

What do you do?
Do you let it stay put?
Or, do you pull it out?

If you let it stay
You die
If you pull it out
You die
But, what if you don't
What if you survive

Between death and a scarred life, what would you choose?

I choose to walk away


Now that you are gone
Would I knock a different door
Would I seek a different name
Would I tell a different story

Maybe
Yes
Maybe yes

For, everyone deserves happiness
For, everyone deserves another chance
Another chance at life
Life isn't just about a second chance
One after the other
Life lives in the chances
And, everyone deserves life

And I am just one
One amongst everyone

The one who chose to walk away


Years from this day
If we did meet again
If our paths did cross again
Would I have moved on
Would I have moved on in life
Would I have moved on in love

I don't know
I honestly don't know

Do we really forget the scars?
Do we really forget the stories?
Do we really move on?

Scars and stories are too obvious

And yet, I choose to walk away


I choose to walk away
I choose to walk away from you
I choose to walk away from us
I choose to walk away from love
I choose to walk away from the hundred mistakes and the thousand chances to undo and redo them, over and over again


In the end
It's all about choices

We always have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment