Tuesday 3 June 2014

The urchin of the streets...

Yet again I wake up
In my bed of concrete
To the noises of heavy tyres
Travelling the distance of the flyover
A jobless father
An ailing mother
A sister and her dreams
They make my world
My life of alms
The urchin of the streets...

I too had dreams
Dreams that were just mine
Dreams of being different
Standing out in the crowd
Today,I am different indeed
Shunned by the society
I too had a name
Which lies buried today
Beneath what the society calls me
The urchin of the streets...

Sometimes,a piece of bread
Weathered in the city's dirt
Sometimes,nothing but hunger
To feed on,for the day
A life,begged of alms
It remains yet another story
Forgotten,just like the others
Not a name to call
Not a dream to live
It's just another struggle
To survive the moment
Growing the habit
Of being called
The urchin of the streets.....

No comments:

Post a Comment